I kinda lost my blogging mojo for a while - you know how it goes. Stress has been high these past few weeks with me being retrenched, then re-employed , then re-retrenched a few times - but at least now that is over and I am due to start my temp job (full day) *vomit* on Monday.
I did a hospital stay as well (yeah yeah just for a change) and it took me a good couple of weeks to come right. Mathew and I went through to Harties for an overnight stay at a b&b there. It was Tash's 30th and we thought we'd kill two birds with one stone, but Mathew landed up taking me to hospital on Sunday pain with a pain in my head that was just way past a headache, I thought something was bursting. I was admitted with suspected meningitis - but after a night on an antibiotic drip I was feeling a lot better so the doc was doubtful and called of his lumbar punch hounds thank goodness.
We asked the doc to discharge me on Friday 30th June because of our IELTS tests that we had booked four months previously, so off I went to Braamfontein on Sat 30th with the drip still in my arm to write the english tests. We still don't have our results but we're hoping to get them tomorrow. I've had nightmares about these tests which actualy weren't that bad at all. The worst part for me was that we had to go back on the Monday following the exam and do a written exam in front of a invigilator - that was awful - but I think we did ok.
Anyway, to get back to my melodrama - I went back into hospital for a cystoscopy so that the wee doctor could see if I had anything wrong with my bladder, but he couldn't find much going on - so hopefully the last round of AB's has done the trick and I am drowning myself in water for fear of getting another infection.
So .......... I am off to work on Monday, wish me well - I am dreading it. I haven't worked full day in quite some time and even when I worked at PPS we would leave the office at 3.45 - giving us ample opportunity to miss all the traffic. Oh and did I mention that this assignment is in Rivonia. They're building the gautrain tunnel underneath the highway at Marlboro and the traffic is just horrendous. Anyway, a girl has got to do what a girl's got to do, and I hope that all goes well on Monday.
Daigan went to Cape Town for the July school holidays and had an absolute blast with Diane, Mark and the boys. I was incredibly nervous sending him away, but I knew that he was in the best hands, those boys have grown up together. We missed him a lot and I was very pleased to have him home and safe and sound in my sight once again :)
The kids are all well and I'll put updated pics of Tyla on her blog (check the links for her blog) - and as for Aaron, he says new words every day. It's unbelievable how his speech is coming along. He loves school and I am going to miss him dearly in the afternoons - we used to have our afternoon "lie down" and watch Barney for 15 minutes - now he is just going to think that his mother is out on the streets. Hopefully next year I can find a decent paying half day job - I am desperately going to miss this time with my kids in the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment