Wednesday, April 2, 2008

21 again

well not really. Can't believe I hit 39 this year. Gosh I am getting old :)

I had an incredible birthday made so by my incredible husband. Mathew bought me my much coveted camera as you all know, it arrived after a lot of drama about a week ago. On the morning of my birthday I was presented with the entire series box set of "Sex in the City" - THE greatest television series ever created, I LOVE it. The kids bought me a CD and my friend Tanya bought me a stunning charm bracelet with the intitials of Mathew and the kids on it - a beautiful thoughtful gift. As mentioned in my previous post Sue and Brian bought me the tripod, I am so going to try that out this week-end. Oh, and I got a lovely handbag from Ronnie and Des - I was so spoiled this year.

Anyway, back to my actualy birthday DAY - i got home from work to find both my kids looking like death. Aaron couldn't walk and Tyla had a fever and was covered in a rash. After much ranting and raving at the paed's receptionist, Simon told me to come and see him immediately. I got such a fright!! Aaron has a condition called "irritable hip" that some kids get with a fever and that was why he was battling to walk. Tyla has "Roseola" and looked an absolute fright!!! - He reckons it will be gone in approx 5 days.

So there you have it, we spent my birthday night nursing two sick kids and watching the latest pvr'd episode of Desperate Housewives. Was a lovely birthday though!!

1 comment:

Tanja said...

Shame, not a nice way to end your birthday. Hope the kidlets are doing better now!